Group BTS's J-Hope is enlisting in the army as an active-duty soldie




Group BTS's J-Hope (real name Jung Ho-seok, 29) is enlisting in the army as an active-duty soldier.


On the 18th, J-Hope will enter the army's A-division new recruit training center in Gangwon-do and receive five weeks of basic military training before being assigned to a unit at the end of next month. J-Hope plans to fulfill his military duty as an active-duty soldier in the army.


Born in 1994, J-Hope was eligible for enlistment postponement until the end of 2024 when he turns 30, due to an amendment to the Military Service Act in 2020 which allowed the Minister of Culture, Sports, and Tourism to recommend postponement.


However, in February, his agency Big Hit Music announced that J-Hope had completed the application to cancel his enlistment postponement, stating, "We would like to inform you that J-Hope has started the process to fulfill his military duty."


On the same day, J-Hope comforted his fans through a Weverse Live broadcast, saying, "As you may have heard, I started the enlistment process today, but that doesn't mean I'm enlisting right away. So you don't have to be too sad. There are many things I've prepared and filmed before my enlistment, so you don't have to worry too much."


He also candidly shared his feelings, "I can't believe this time has come for me. During the recent live broadcast, I was cautious about what I could say, especially on my birthday. The live broadcast was good, but my feelings were a bit complicated in many ways."


He added, "I've been thinking about this plan since last year. After Jin enlisted, I thought about when I should go, and I decided to go as soon as possible so that I could come back and show you a better version of myself."


On the 1st, Big Hit Music announced, "J-Hope is planning to enlist as an active-duty soldier in the army to fulfill his military duty, and there will be no separate official event on the day he enters the new recruit training center."


On the 17th, the day before his enlistment, J-Hope revealed his short haircut, also known as a buzz cut. He left a handwritten message saying, "I'll be back healthy and well!!"


Meanwhile, J-Hope is the second member of the team to serve in the military following eldest brother Jin. Jin enlisted as an active-duty soldier in the army last December and is expected to be discharged on June 12, 2024. J-Hope's expected discharge date is October 17, 2024.

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

BTS Suga, Commemorating Ryuichi Sakamoto

Solar x Moonbyul Mamamoo+, Successful Comeback

"BTS Jungkook's Appearance in Calvin Klein's Official Video Sparks Hot Topic"